Antique Naval War Ship Memorabilia Walking Stick 'Rendición Del Monitor Huáscar'
Antique Naval Ship Memorabilia Walking Stick
This antique stick features an unmarked silver top which is embossed with
"Rendición Del Monitor Huáscar
Octubre 8 de 1879"
The Monitor Huáscar was built by Laird & Brothers, Birkenhead United Kingdom for the Peruvian Navy in 1864 at a total cost of £81,247.
During the battle of Angamos, the ship was captured by the Chilean Navy on October the 8th 1879 and served the navy until discharge in 1897
It is currently located in the Chilean port of Talcahuano, currently serving as a floating maritime museum/ historical relic and is considered the second-oldest armoured battleship in the world
The cane measures 89cm tall with a 3cm diameter top and a 2cm diameter shaft
Good used condition with dings to the silver